Windows is one of the most popular operating systems around, but it can be tricky to reset. Whether you need to reset your computer because it is running slow or you want to start fresh with a clean slate, these five steps will help you learn how to reset Windows quickly and easily. Learn How to Reset Windows?
How to Reset Windows?
- Step 1: Back Up Your Files – The first step before you reset any device is to back up your data. You should make sure that all of your important files are saved somewhere else – either on an external hard drive or online. This way, when you do reset your computer, all of your data won’t be lost.
- Step 2: Save Your Settings – The next step is to save any settings that you may have changed from the default ones on your computer. If there are any programs that you have installed and configured, make sure those settings are saved as well so that you don’t have to re-install and configure them after the reset is complete.
- Step 3: Run Reset Tool Once all of your files are safely backed up and all of your settings are saved, it’s time to run the Reset tool in Windows. Just click “Start,” type “Reset” into the search box and then follow the instructions on the screen. The Reset tool will guide you through the process of wiping out everything on your computer and restoring it back to factory settings.
- Step 4: Re-Install Programs & Data After the reset has finished, it’s time to reinstall any programs that were previously installed on your computer as well as any data that was backed up offsite or onto an external hard drive. This will help ensure that everything runs smoothly once again and restores all of your customizations back onto your machine.
- Step 5: Test Your Computer Finally, it’s time for a test run! Make sure everything is working properly by running a few tests like opening some programs or browsing some websites just to make sure everything starts up correctly and functions as expected. Once everything passes this final test run, then congratulations – you now know how to reset Windows!
Reseting Windows can seem intimidating at first but if done correctly, it can be a great way to restore performance speed while keeping all of your important data safe and secure. By following these five easy steps above, anyone can learn how to properly reset their Windows PC in no time!